6 Things I Do To Work on my Money Mindset!
Jan 30, 2021
Working on your money mindset is a lot like going to the gym. Do you have to do it every day? No. But if you do, your results are going to be more noticeable.
I make an effort to work on my mindset every day. I remember when I first started this journey I would hear about all the mindset things people would do and I would think "How do you find the time?!" If that's what you're thinking as you read this email, know the struggle is real! The truth is, I sprinkle them in throughout my day. They are a part of my routine now.
I know others who wake up at 5am and that is their time to focus on them, their mindset, and their dreams. I love that, and even though I'm a morning person, 5am is not an hour I love to see, so I sprinkle.
Here are the 6 things I do (just about) every day to work on my money mindset.
- Meditation. I'm a meditater. I love it, it brings me peace, it brings me clarity, it feeds my soul! I love to start my day with meditation, so I meditate as soon as I wake up. When my alarm goes off I grab my phone, my sleep mask headphones, and I pick a meditation to do. I'll also meditate throughout the day. On the weekends, I'm super happy if I can meditate for an hour or two in the afternoon. I know! You're shaking your head, but those meditations are usually a journey to meet my spirit guide, or a journey into the akashic records. Both are meditations I use to gain clarity for my life or my business. In general, I'm not someone who sits in silence for my meditations, although I've been trying to do that occasionally to just connect with my breath, and feel the abundance of the universe.
- Hypnosis. I talk about it a lot here for a reason! I love it! And definitely have noticed a difference after using it consistently. I listen to a hypnosis after I listen to a meditation. Listening to both takes about 30 minutes, but makes a difference in the way I feel when I wake up. This is the perfect time to listen. Because I'm still sleepy, I easily go into a trance state. If you've been thinking about getting your own custom hypnosis, do it!
- Journaling. This is the one practice that is not necessarily every day for me, but I've been making an effort to journal a lot more lately and I have loved the insight it's given me. A powerful prompt for me has been "What will it feel like when ..." Or sometimes I just ask "What do I need to know today?" and see what comes out. The less I try to control, the more insight I receive.
- Gratitude. After we moved to the farm, my daily gratitude practice got pushed to the side. I still noticed the things I was grateful for, but wasn't sitting down every day to write them out. For me, it's easier to love the life I'm living, (and be less attached to whatever I'm manifesting) when I write them out, so I've made it a priority again. After I've fed the horses and the dogs, I sit down with a cup of coffee and my gratitude journal. Sometimes I light a candle, sometimes I don't, but I take a few minutes to start my day actively grateful for this life.
- Subliminal audios. Another one of my LOVES! Subliminals are perfect for reprogramming your subconscious because they install new beliefs in the most effective way possible. What are they? I record myself saying positive affirmations. I then loop those over and over, and add in a music track and turn the audio track down so it is just a whisper. Because your conscious mind doesn't hear the affirmations, it can't reject them. The music I use is perfect for concentration, so I listen to them while I'm writing (listening right now!) or working. A caveat! Only listen to subliminal audios where you know the words being said. Be careful of anything you find on youtube. I created one for my clients to use that is focused around abundance, and am also creating one focused around confidence in business.
- Oracle Cards. Oracle cards came into my life this past summer. I learned about them in a membership I'm in, and then they were suddenly everywhere! They've been great to give me guidance or clarity, or sometimes just confirmation that I'm on the right path. When you pick a card, it's your intuition picking the card that you need. I often pick the same cards over and over and over, even though there are 50+ cards in the deck. Sometimes I ask "What do I need to know today?" other times I get more specific and ask "How am I getting in my own way?" or "How can I make this easier?" I've really loved the clarity they give me. I pick a card most mornings to guide my day, and will often pick a card before a client session to guide us. Hay House sells a variety of cards here. The Quantum Oracle deck is one of my personal favorites!
If you're new to this work, pick one! Don't feel like you have to dive into all of these! And again, sprinkle them in. Picking an oracle card takes two minutes, or journal while you drink your morning coffee.
Are any of these new to you? I'd love to hear what you think if you try them!